PROVIDED BY Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR)
What is the Member Relief (Hutch) Fund?
- The Member Relief (Hutch) Fund is a charity providing financial assistance to Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) members experiencing a crisis or catastrophic event. Those eligible to apply include SAAR REALTOR®, Affiliate and staff members as well as their immediate family.
- The funds are maintained and administered by the Arizona REALTORS® Disaster Assistance Foundation (ARDAF) which is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit. (Please check with your financial consultant about tax deductibility.)
Or make your check out to ARDAF (Arizona REALTORS® Disaster Assistance Foundation) and mail it to:
Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®
8600 E Anderson Dr, Suite 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- To help your colleagues and their families during their time of need
How does the fund help?
- Assistance with medical costs
- Financial assistance when a member is not able to work during treatment and recovery
- In home care during a recovery period
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Expenses for day-to-day living
- Patient Advocacy
How can I contribute?
- Encourage those in need to apply for assistance or nominate someone yourself
- Make an individual donation to the Member Relief (Hutch) Fund – Checks payable to ARDAF can be mailed to or dropped off at SAAR
- Buy your tickets, become a sponsor, or volunteer for Member Relief (Hutch) Fund fundraising events
How are the requests for assistance handled?
- All requests for assistance from the Member Relief (Hutch) Fund are completely confidential
- A committee member or members meets with the candidate to determine how the Member Relief (Hutch) Fund can assist
- The is not listed as a member of the Member Relief Administrative Committee is comprised of four REALTOR® members, one Affiliate member and the SAAR CEO serving as an ex-officio member
- All candidates are treated with care and respect
- Recipient profiles are used publicly only with the permission of the recipient
How do I apply?
- Contact a member of the Member Relief Administrative Committee (listed below)
- Access the application by clicking here
It is important to be forthcoming with your documentation and information. SAAR Members are to provide documentation supporting their application for relief. The documentation may include, but is not limited to: tax returns, W2s, Schedule K-1s, commission reports, paystubs, bank statements, investment account statements (both retirement and non-retirement), credit card statements, medical bills, bills to support the expenses in the worksheet, and mortgage statements for all property owned.
Also, if you have applied to other sources for relief, please list the source, the amount requested and received, such as Go Fund Me, Assistance programs, medicare or medicaid, and any other relief programs.
I feel very fortunate that I am a member of SAAR, that has this great fund, the Hutch Fund, that helps their members, affiliate members, and their families in a time when they may be going through a medical crisis like I did.
– Paula Cotton
The Hutch Fund was a lifesaver. It literally helped save my life.
Exclusive offer for Member Relief (Hutch) Fund supporters:
Click here for information about this offer for an exclusive membership club for diners!